Sweet Middle-Eastern Chicken Recipe
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total cooking time: 20 minutes
2 tablespoons oil
2 chicken breast fillets, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
310 g (10 oz.) Can chickpeas, drained
1/2 cup (75 g / 2 1/2 oz) unsalted pistachio kernels
1 logo, chopped
juice of 1 orange
1/4 cup (7 g / 1 1/4 oz) chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Heat a wok over very high heat, add half of the oil and swirl it to coat the base and side of the wok. Add all the chicken and stir-fry it, in small batches, for about 3-5 minutes, or until it becomes well cooked. Remove it from the wok and keep it warm.
2. Add all the remaining oil to the wok and stir-fry the onion for about 2 minutes or so, then add the chickpeas, the pistachio kernels and the tomato. Stir-fry for about 3-5 minutes or so, or until the chickpeas becomes warm through.
3. Pour in the orange juice, return all the chicken and all its juices to the wok and stir-fry them until half of all juices have evaporated. Stir them through all the parsley. Season well. Serve immediately.
Protein 37 g;
Fat 25 g;
Carbohydrate 17 g;
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g;
Energy 1785kJ (425 cal)
1. Stir-fry all the chicken in small batches so that the wok is not completely overcrowded.
2. Stir-fry the onion for about 2 minutes, then add the chickpeas, the pistachio nuts and the tomato.
3. Stir-fry until half of all juices have evaporated, then add the parsley and season well.