Fruit Buns Recipe
Preparation time: 50 min. + 45 min resting time | Serves 16-20 buns
This fruit buns recipe is prepared with blueberries since it can also be named as blueberry buns. You can also add some other dried fruits and nuts to make this bun more flavorful. To make jelly bun from this fruit buns recipe for that you will have to add layer of fruit jam in the center of bun after cutting it from center. Serve these fruit buns with tea or soup.
1 cup milk (lukewarm)
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp butter (softened)
3 tsp instant yeast
3-4 oz dried blueberries
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp water
1 egg yolk (beaten)
1 1/2 cup icing sugar
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together milk, egg and vanilla until become uniform mixture.
3. Now add milk mixture, flour, sugar, salt, butter, and yeast in the bread machine bowl according to the instructions of your machine.
4. Start the machine accordingly and then add blueberries and cinnamon at the beep.
5. If you feel that the dough is sticky then add very little amount of flour and water to make soft smooth dough.
6. Punch the dough onto the floured surface and make balls of 2-3 inch size.
7. Take a greased baking dish and place these balls by keeping 2 inch apart from each other. Cover the balls and let them rise for 45-60 min.
8. Now brush the top of each prepared ball with egg yolk. Place the baking dish in preheated oven for 25 min until golden brown from top.
9. Meanwhile prepare icing for bun for that you need to beat all the ingredients mentioned for the icing so that a thick frosting is formed.
10. When the fruit buns are cooled to room temperature brush these buns with prepared frosting and leave as it is until frosting sets.
Source by Talat Kashif