Home Remedy For Tinnitus Relief
It can often prove difficult trying to find relief from the constant ringing in your ears. Medical science still has few answers to tinnitus. While there are a number of medical treatments available, they can be expensive, and in many cases they fail to give any positive results. Often it is a simple home remedy for tinnitus that can provide the most immediate relief.
Here are some that you may find useful.
- Massage. Once or twice a day, try massaging your outer ears, ear lobes and directly behind the ears. Also, concentrate on the hollows behind the ear lobes and along the jawbone behind the wisdom teeth. This can help to relax and promote blood flow to these areas.
- Hot compresses. Before going to bed, prepare a hot compress by soaking a small towel in hot water, wringing it out and applying it to your neck.
- Chew Dried Fruit. Regularly chewing dried fruit or even gum increases circulation to the ear area.
- Onion Juice. Place one to two drops of onion juice in the affected ear three times per week until you feel relief, then once each week afterwards.
- Passion Flower. Passion flower aids circulation, has a relaxing and sedative effect and can help to relieve stress associated with tinnitus. It also and helps to regulate neurotransmitters which are responsible for sending nerve impulses throughout the body. Passion flower can be taken as an infusion, or as an over the counter supplement.
- Masking Sounds. Tinnitus is less noticeable when there is a competing background sound. Many people will not hear their tinnitus while in the shower, or when driving with the car window partly open. Take notice which sounds work best for you, and make a long-playing recording of these sounds, or try one of the commercially available tinnitus masking CDs. At night, try de-tuning an Fm radio till you hear the “white noise”, or leave a fan running.
- Take your mind off your tinnitus. This may not always be easy, but people are often totally unaware of their tinnitus when their mind is occupied with other things. Stay busy.